Texas A&M AgriLife Research
6500 Amarillo Blvd W
Amarillo, TX 79106
I am a Plant Physiologist by training. My research interests are to understand the mechanistic basis of plant-environment interactions and to develop the methods to quantify/ elucidate the responses. I employ classical and novel physiological/ molecular approaches to address the fundamental questions in plant development and stress responses.
My current responsibilities in the wheat breeding program at Amarillo include:
- Development of reliable high-throughput phenotyping system for screening wheat and winter small grain germplasm for forage production and multiple stress conditions
- Assisting plant breeding activities and trait development process in winter wheat and cool-season perennial grass cropping systems for Texas
Publications: (Peer-reviewed Journals)
- Reddy SK, Liu S, Rudd JC, Xue Q, Payton P, Finlayson SA, Mahan J, Akhunova A, Holalu SV, Lu N. (2014) Physiology and transcriptomics of water-deficit stress responses in wheat cultivars TAM 111 and TAM 112. J Plant Physiol. 171: 1289-1298.
- Reddy SK, Holalu SV, Casal JJ, Finlayson SA. (2014) The timing of low R:FR exposure profoundly affects Arabidopsis branching responses. Plant Signaling and Behavior 9:e28668.
- Reddy SK and Finlayson SA (2014) Phytochrome B promotes branching in Arabidopsis by suppressing auxin signaling. Plant Physiology 164:1542-1550.
- Reddy SK, Holalu SV, Casal JJ, Finlayson SA (2013) ABA regulates axillary bud outgrowth responses to the R:FR. Plant Physiology 163:1047-1058.
Reddy SK, Weng Y, Rudd JC, Akhunova A, Liu S (2013) Transcriptomics of induced defense responses to greenbug feeding in near isogenic wheat lines. Plant Science 212: 26-36.
- Finlayson SA, Krishnareddy SR, Kebrom TH, Casal JJ (2010) Phytochrome regulation of branching in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 152 1914-1927.
- Krishnareddy SR, Stewart BA, Payne WA, Robinson CA (2010) Grain sorghum tiller production in clump and uniform planting geometries. J. Crop Improvement 24: 1-11.