- This event has passed.
East Central Panhandle Ag Program set Jan. 22 in Pampa
January 22 @ 9:30 am - 2:15 pm$10.00
PAMPA – The East Central Panhandle Ag Program will be Jan. 22 at the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service office in the Gray County Annex, 12125 E. Frederic Ave. in Pampa.
The program will begin with registration at 9:30 a.m. The fee is $10. Speakers will begin at 10 a.m. The event is hosted by the AgriLife Extension offices in Carson, Gray and Roberts counties.
Three Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units – one integrated pest management and two general – will be offered.
Lunch will be provided by Capital Farm Credit. Those planning to attend are asked to RSVP to the AgriLife Extension office in Gray County at 806-669-8033 by Jan. 17.
Speakers and their topics will be:
– Dr. Jourdan Bell, AgriLife Extension agronomist in Amarillo: Fumonisin discussion, and Hybrid characteristics for dryland, limited irrigation and heat tolerance in corn.
– Blayne Reed, AgriLife Extension integrated pest management specialist, Hale County: Bt resistance in corn.
– Dr. Qingwu Xue, Texas A&M AgriLife Research plant physiologist in Amarillo: Research information for drought tolerance, water timing, planting dates for low water use corn.
– Tiffany Dowell Lashmet, AgriLife Extension agricultural law specialist: Ag leases for cropland and pasture.
– Dr. Steve Amosson, AgriLife Extension economist in Amarillo: Crop profitability in 2018.
The program will conclude by 2:15 p.m.
For more information, contact Michael Wilkes at 806-868-3191 or email@example.com; Mike Jeffcoat, 806-669-8033, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Jody Bradford, 806-537-3882, email@example.com.