- This event has passed.
Southeast Panhandle Ag Conference set Jan. 16 in Memphis
January 16 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm$10
MEMPHIS – The multi-county Southeast Panhandle Ag Conference, hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offices in Hall, Donley, Briscoe and Collingsworth counties, will be Jan. 16 at the Fowler Agency, 123 S. Sixth St., Memphis.
Registration will begin at 8 a.m., with the program from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The cost is $10 at the door. Lunch will be provided.
To register or get more information, call the AgriLife Extension offices in Hall County, 806-259-3015; Donley County, 806-874-2141; Briscoe County, 806-823-2522; or Collingsworth County, 806-447-2313.
Five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units – one laws and regulations, three integrated pest management and one general – will be offered.
Topics and speakers will be:
– Cotton Economic Outlook, Dr. John Robinson, AgriLife Extension cotton marketing economist, College Station.
– Cotton Variety Selection and Pre-Plant Decisions, Dr. Murilo Maeda, AgriLife Extension cotton specialist, Lubbock.
– Cotton Pest Issues and Management, Dr. Suhas Vyavhare, AgriLife Extension cotton entomologist, Lubbock.
– Cotton Disease Identification, Prevention and Control, Dr. Ken Obasa, AgriLife Extension plant pathologist, Amarillo.
– Variety Update and Future Genetics, industry representatives.
– Cotton Weed Management, Dr. Peter Dotray, AgriLife Extension weed specialist, Lubbock.
– Farm Bill Updates, Dr. Joe Outlaw, AgriLife Extension economist and co-director of the Agricultural and Food Policy Center at Texas A&M University, College Station.